On 8/28/13 2:11 AM, "Ivan B. Gregor" <ivanbgre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>As far as I remember this method was pioneerd by Adobe InDesign, the first
>full unicode Windows version, I do not remember the number.

Nope, predates ID.  First appeared (at least from Adobe) in a version of
the PDFMakers for Office, IIRC.

And that version of ID didn't always do that for the Info - it did it for
all content.

> Actually it
>makes a lot of sense, because InDesign just copied info from Windows
>structures that had it in Unicode.

Interesting theory, but incorrect.  InDesign (and other Adobe products)
use their own Unicode handling routes, not those from the OS.

>Trying to convert it into plain PDF string is another set of problems.

Either you can do it - in which case, you do - or you can't, and you
don't.  It's quite simple.

>Plain PDF strings are not ASCII, they are PDFDocEncoding, that is another
>can of worms nobody wanted to open.

True.

Leonard