Hi,
I have a pdf file signed with Elliptic curve Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA)
coupled with the Secure Hashing Algorithm (SHA256) algorithm (oid:
1.2.840.10045.4.3.2) .

When I try and verify the signature with this code (iText 5.5.9):

               PdfPKCS7 pk = af.verifySignature(name, "BC");

I get the following:

no such algorithm: SHA256with1.2.840.10045.4.3.2 for provider BC

Is it a wanted feature that itext does not support SHA256withECDSA?

When I modify com.itextpdf.text.pdf.security.EncryptionAlgorithms class with:

        algorithmNames.put("1.2.840.10045.4.1", "ECDSA");
        algorithmNames.put("1.2.840.10045.4.3.2", "ECDSA");
        algorithmNames.put("1.2.840.10045.4.3.3", "ECDSA");
        algorithmNames.put("1.2.840.10045.4.3.4", "ECDSA");

it seems to work.

I wonder whether this solution is correct.

Will  iText support SHA256withECDSA in future?

Best regards

Alfonso

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel
messaggio o nei suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel
messaggio, o responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto
il messaggio per errore, siete pregati di non trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo
ad alcuno. In tal caso vi invitiamo a cancellare il messaggio ed i suoi
allegati. Grazie.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE Confidential information may be contained in this
message or in its attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message, or responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have
received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver this
message to anyone. In that case, you should delete this message and its
attachments. Thank you.