From: Uimonen, Jaska [mailto:jaska.uimo...@intel.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 22. April 2014 10:24
To: Fritzsche, Robert (059); ivi@lists.tizen.org; Kovacs, Janos
Subject: RE: Murphy Unaware PulseAudio Application // Is it possible?

ATTENTION! This message contains suspicious URL(s) possibly redirecting to
malicious content. Our security gateways target known problem URLs like freeweb
or URL Shorteners that are being abused by spammers. Some examples would be
groups.google.com or tinyurl.com. Please check the sender and hyperlinks in the
e-mail accurately before clicking on a link. If this email seems obviously bad
to you please delete it.  More information is available on our website
Information Security @ Daimler: http://intra.corpintra.net/intra-is-e/spam

ACHTUNG! Diese E-Mail enthält verdächtige URLs welche möglicherweise auf
schädlichen Inhalt verweisen. Die Security Gateways prüfen auf bekannte
Problem-URLs  wie zum Beispiel URL-Abkürzungen, die bevorzugt von Spammern
mißbraucht werden (tinyurl.com, groups.google.com, ...). Bitte prüfen Sie den
Absender und die URLs in dieser E-Mail gewissenhaft bevor sie die verknüpften
Inhalte aufrufen. Bitte löschen Sie diese E-Mail, wenn Sie der Meinung sind,
daß sich der Verdacht bestätigt. Weitere Informationen zu unerwünschter E-Mail
/ SPAM finden Sie auf den Seiten der Informationssicherheit bei Daimler unter:
http://intra.corpintra.net/intra-is-d/spam

Hi Robert,

Yes it is totally possibly and should already work.

We are tracking media.role in module-murphy-ivi so you can specify that to make
your stream more "policy aware". No Murphy calls are needed.

so for example:

paplay --property=media.role=music mymusic.wav

will tell policy you are music player.

paplay --property=media.role=navigator mymusic.wav

will tell policy you are navigator.

These 2 streams are now interacting with each other differently than if they
would have same roles (this depends of course on the policy configuration).

The downside is that you get little bit more "coarse" policy feedback through
pulse API callbacks, so you might get corked, uncorked or even killed through
pulse callbacks, but you don't know too much why this thing happened. But most
of the stuff should work just fine with audio.

Also remember that Murphy resource API is not for audio only.
You can ask resources simultaneously for audio, video, cpu (you name it). We
usually say that you should use Murphy API's if you want detailed fine grained
policy based functionality or you want to tie the app logic to use cases which
require simultaneous separate resources.

br,
Jaska