Hi Tom, and thanks for your answer,

"I get the impression that it implies from a client perspective is sees xdg
shell interfaces exclusively, but I'm not sure from this 1 line."

Yes, clarifying things might be a good idea. With this model,

A client having only xdg-shell support (like most clients outside currently
have) will see the xdg-shell interface. It will not be able to benefit of
advanced ivi-shell features, but will at least show itself, and have some
basic features (hiding, showing, maximizing, choosing a screen...).

A client having full ivi-shell support will see the ivi-shell interface. It
will be able to benefit from all ivi-shell features.

(PS : the patch currently does not fix all clients for this purpose. It
primarily intends to demonstrate the feature with 2 precise clients).

Regards,

--
Regards,

*Manuel BACHMANN Tizen Project VANNES-FR*