On 10/20/2014 07:58 PM, VanCutsem, Geoffroy wrote:

- VMware tells that "No 3D support available from the host. The 3D
features of the virtual machine will be disabled."

That's most likely the problem. The one thing that's missing with
VMWare Player under Linux is that 3D will work when there will be
TF2-S3TC Texture Support enabled in DRI. Problem is described here:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/S3TC/. Try to enable that and see if
that helps. This info used to be on the Tizen wiki page but I assume
it was removed because someone thought it was obsolete information,
we will add it back if you confirm this is the problem you are
facing.

Yep, setting the environment variable force_s3tc_enable=true before launching vmplayer did the trick, thanks! You should update both the tizen wiki and the crosswalk documentation.

That still doesn't mean weston is allowed to crash with a cryptic message though :)

Alex