From: IVI [mailto:ivi-boun...@lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of Monika Kistler
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 8:49 PM
To: Ylinen, Mikko
Cc: ivi@lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Dev] Issues with latest emulator image on qemu-yagl

Hi Mikko,

On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 09:22 +0300, Ylinen, Mikko wrote:
> We recently made it slightly easier for developers to use the Emulator
> images without having to install the full SDK. For that, you need to
> follow https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Tizen_Standalone_Emulator

thanks a lot for pointing me to the standalone emulator. I already came
across this page when searching for a solution to my problem. But I still
chose to give the community qemu-yagl another try, because I have a native
openSUSE 13.1 installation and the qemu-yagl solution let me run the
emulator image directly on my native installation.

I tried to run the standalone emulator on Suse and after some tweaking with
the libraries it even started up, but then I don't get any UI just a black
screen.

In the meanwhile I tried out the standalone emulator in an Ubuntu 14.04 vm
and it does work out of the box. That helps for now, to get my job done. But
I still prefer having the emulator run directly on my developing machine. As
soon as I find some time to further investigate here, I'll try to get it
running. If I succeed, I would add it to the Wiki pages and also report back
here.

Thanks,
Moni