Hi Derek,

On 14.10.2015 23:37, Leon Anavi wrote:
Hi Derek,

On 14.10.2015 20:11, Derek Foreman wrote:
On 14/10/15 05:31 AM, Leon Anavi wrote:
Hi Derek, All,

Derek, I am experiencing similar issues with weston-keyboard as in your
article "When is a Keyboard Not a Keyboard?" which has been published at
Samsung OSG blog.

Could you please provide me help how to get Weston 1.6 working with the
virtual weston-keyboard in the HTML5 apps from the AGL app suite when
hardware keyboard is not present?
Looks like a bug I fixed last December, actually:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/commit/?id=f0aaa417

Fairly small so it might be an easy forward port...

Thank you for the provided feedback.

I applied a patch with this bug fix to Weston 1.6 but I am still experiencing the same issue (as described in my previous email). It is a bit late here so I will continue debugging it tomorrow.

After further exploration of various log files I noticed that the issues while running AGL app suite on Tizen with Crosswalk, Wayland and Weston 1.6 do not appear if an event from /dev/input is detected as a keyboard. As a work around a colleague from Konsulko Group defined a GPIO as a key at the device tree. This way the GPIO is detected by Weston as a keyboard:

[00:00:08.831] input device 'gpio-keys.22', /dev/input/event1 is a keyboard

The configuration of Weston is:

[input-method]
path=/usr/libexec/weston-keyboard

[keyboard]
keymap_layout=us

Derek, in this case we are using the behavior described in your article "When is a Keyboard Not a Keyboard" for the work around. Please let me know how can I help you find and fix the root cause of the problem as it seems to be a Weston issue.

Best regards,
Leon

Thanks,
Leon

Hope that helps a bit,
Derek

In my case Weston keeps crashing when I type in HTML5 input fields from
the AGL apps through the virtual weston-keyboard if no hardware keyboard
is attached. I am working on a Tizen image that contains Wayland and
Weston 1.6, Crosswalk 11.40.277.0 and libinput 0.6.0. Please have a look
at my test cases for more details:

* Test case 1, weston.ini:

[input-method]
path=/usr/libexec/weston-keyboard

[keyboard]
keymap_layout=wkb

Results:

1.1. No hardware keyboard: FAIL
Weston crashes when the user tries to launch Browser from the Homescreen
app:

[00:00:32.676] caught signal: 11

1.2. With hardware keyboard: FAIL

Weston detects the hardware keyboard:

[00:00:07.480] input device 'SEM USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event0 is a
keyboard
[00:00:07.481] input device 'SEM USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event1 is a
keyboard

Weston crashes when the user tries to launch Browser from the Homescreen
app:

[00:00:49.925] caught signal: 11

* Test case 2, weston.ini:

[input-method]
path=

[keyboard]
keymap_layout=wkb

Results:
2.1. No hardware keyboard: OK with remark - there is no virtual keyboard
(as expected) so there is no way to type.

2.2. With hardware keyboard: FAIL

Weston detects the hardware keyboard:

[00:00:06.586] input device 'SEM USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event0 is a
keyboard
[00:00:06.587] input device 'SEM USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event1 is a
keyboard

Weston fails as soon as the user starts to type in HTML5 input field for
URL at the Browser app through the hardware keyboard:

[00:00:48.006] caught signal: 11

* Test case 3, weston.ini:

[input-method]
path=/usr/libexec/weston-keyboard

[keyboard]
keymap_layout=us

Results:
3.1. No hardware keyboard: FAIL

Weston crashes when the user tries to launch Browser from the Homescreen
app:

[00:00:28.391] caught signal: 11

3.2. With hardware keyboard: OK

Weston detects the hardware keyboard and both the hardware and virtual
weston-keyboard work fine:

[00:00:06.767] input device 'SEM USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event0 is a
keyboard
[00:00:06.771] input device 'SEM USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event1 is a
keyboard

I want to get weston-keyboard working fine in Weston even if there is no
hardware keyboard.

Thanks,
Leon

--