Jacob Kjome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/26/2007 12:31:46 PM:

> Quoting Michael Glavassevich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > This shouldn't matter. Xerces has its own javac [1] task which
prevents
> > the build from clashing with the classes in the JDK. It's fine to use
JDK
> > 1.4 and above for compilation. The error Peter got probably means he's
> > missing the build tools (i.e. Xerces-J-tools.2.9.0.zip) or they
weren't
> > extracted into the directory where the source was extracted.
> >

> That's curious.  I obtain the SVN source and build the jar.  I've never
> extracted any Xerces Tools stuff and it builds fine for me.  What's
> that about?

If you always build from an extract from SVN you'd never notice the
difference. The source package distributed for a Xerces release doesn't
include the build tools: Ant, XJavac, Stylebook, JUnit, etc... They're
distributed in a separate package.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/tools/src/XJavac.java

> > Michael Glavassevich
> > XML Parser Development