Hi,

In the JAXP sense the DOMParser is just an implementation detail, one
which we may change in the future. I doubt that's something we would want
to start exposing. In general you should avoid extending Xerces'
implementation classes. They could be altered or removed at any time,
possibly breaking your code when you move to a new release. If you want to
add user data to the DOM as it's being built, I recommend that you use an
LSParser [1] instead and register an LSParserFilter [2] with it which
attaches the user data to the nodes as it receives them.

Thanks.

[1]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/w3c/dom/ls/LSParser.html
[2]