Thanks again Michael, you are of cause right, it is the version embedded
in the JDK which is throwing up the error.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and
end within the same entity.

        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown
Source)

        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknow
n Source)

        at com.unisys.xerces.test.XercesTest.parse(XercesTest.java:72)

Thanks, Brook.

Works for me with the current code. Are you sure you were really running
with 2.9.0 (see Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism [1]) when you
tried it and weren't picking up some other copy of Xerces which might be
on your classpath or a copy built into the JDK?

Thanks.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-general.html#faq-4

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Smith, Brook non Unisys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/20/2008
11:38:14 PM:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for that - however I grabbed the testcase from the jira bug
> and ran it against the binary version of xerces 2.9.0 and it still
> produces the exception.
>
> Thanks, Brook

> ... and the likely bug is this [1]. Fixed in October 2004.
>
> [1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1016
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Parser Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Michael Glavassevich/Toronto/[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 05/19/2008 12:25:57
PM: