Hello,

our (xml-dumb) DMS stores fragmented XML documents where the fragments are represented as PIs. (This is due to the fact that the DMS doesn't know about file names).

We used to expand these fragments while parsing with SAX (setting up an own parser at the processing-instruction handler for each fragment), but this approach has the drawback that the validator reports ID/IDREF errors for links from one fragment to another which are none at document level.

It seems to me that I'will have to handle the fragment resolution at XNI level...

Could someone please to light me the way?

Thank you,

Wulf