Hi Yoann,

The XMLCatalogResolver just passes the catalog file names down to the XML
Commons Resolver's Catalog.parseCatalog() method [1]. So
XMLCatalogResolver accepts whatever Catalog.parseCatalog() accepts. I know
that doesn't really answer your question, though hope you might get closer
if you looked at little deeper there.

Thanks.

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/apidocs/resolver/org/apache/xml/resolver/Catalog.html#parseCatalog%28java.lang.String%29