Sorry it's 2018, that's just silly; maven, ivy, gradle, cobalt ... all use the maven repository. I agree ... if it's not on maven, it doesn't exist.

On 05/09/2018 01:14 AM, Mukul Gandhi wrote:
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 7:58 PM, Gary Gregory <ggreg...@rocketsoftware.com <mailto:ggreg...@rocketsoftware.com>> wrote:

    +1. If it’s not in Maven, it is not easily usable…

 I can say following with fully responsibility,

Maven is conceptually just like any other build system (like ant for example). Till the time Xerces 2.12.0 jars are not in official public Maven repository, it should be possible to install Xerces 2.12.0 jars in the local Maven repository by users, and have Xerces jars function as Maven project dependencies. Following documentation, explains how to do this, https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi