Hi Dave,

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:43 AM, Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
wrote:

> Sorry it's 2018, that's just silly; maven, ivy, gradle, cobalt ... all use
> the maven repository. I agree ... if it's not on maven, it doesn't exist.

I think we're spreading FUD about using Xerces Jars within Maven. Lets not
do it.

I know very well about Maven and Gradle build systems. They both allow
having a local standalone Jar as part of Maven and Gradle builds
respectively. With Maven it can be done using the "mvn
install:install-file" command I referred in my previous mail. With Gradle,
it can be done via following syntax,

repositories {
   flatDir {
       dirs 'libs'
   }
}

(a Jar needs to be simply available in a local "libs" folder, for Gradle to
pick it).

Any good java build system, ought to provide methods to have local
standalone Jars as part of builds.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi