CVE-2018-2799 was the only one we asked about, but it was security@'s
opinion that we didn't need a new CVE for that one. Honestly, this isn't a
subject I know much about. I think if this had been reported through the
security team (under the assumption it was a newly discovered issue),
following through the process [1] a new CVE would have been requested.

Thanks.

[1] https://www.apache.org/security/committers.html

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development