There is a SMACK-324 [1] bug affecting a lot of Java client applications
(including most Android clients).

It would be trivial to work around it in jabberd2 codebase, but it just
doesn't feel right.
>From practical point of view: There is a trivial fix we can have on -
let's just do it and make our users happy.
And current jabberd2 development philosophy is "a stable server that
just works".

But there is a danger of:
- never fixing the original issue if we stop exposing it
- jabberd becoming an unmaintainable bag of patches for problems not in
jabberd

I would like to hear your opinions how should we approach such issues.

[1] http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SMACK-324

--
Tomasz Sterna
Instant Messaging Consultant : Open Source Developer