On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Tomasz Sterna <to...@xiaoka.com> wrote:
> Dnia 2012-10-12, piÄ… o godzinie 14:50 +0200, Alexandre Jousset pisze:
>>         According to this link the bug is marked as "resolved, fixed".
>>         Do you think clients haven't upgraded and still have the bug?
>
> asmack was patched in Beem only. Maven repos still have Smack 3.2.1.
> So unfortunately - most Java code using Smack still has this bug.
>
> And more importantly - this is just an example serving me to ask a
> broader question.
>

> --
> Tomasz Sterna
> Instant Messaging Consultant : Open Source Developer
> http://tomasz.sterna.tv/  http://www.xiaoka.com/portfolio

Are you suggesting the server have an "auditbot" to evaluate the
quality of clients and maintain patches that may be requested from the
server's admin?
If the world is righteous, no bother no fuss - if the world has
fallen, there is a way up and the local admin gets notice. If the
local admin knows his clients aren't righteous, deployment with
patches should be an option. A good ontology for this is EARL
http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/earl

This would make each jabberd2 server a QA tool..  :)   there be statistics thar