Ok, assuming this is with a reasonably up-to-date version (2.8.6 or 2.7.8),
at this point it would make sense to file a bug report, with simple
reproduction at:

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind/issues

 `type` property should be serialized given information you have given, as
far as I can see.

-+ Tatu +-