As many of you know, there have been a few security fixes (for CVEs
reported for "default typing" style of polymorphic deserialization).
If not familiar with this, please read:

https://medium.com/@cowtowncoder/on-jackson-cves-dont-panic-here-is-what-you-need-to-know-54cd0d6e8062

Now: maintaining multiple older branches is a significant overhead,
and I need to balance this against benefits to community on having
security patches for older versions.
At this point 2.9 is actively patched (but 2.10 branch started); those
will be maintained. But I have spent time to backport CVE fixes to 2.8
and even 2.7. Other contributors have further backported fixes to 2.6.

My specific question is this: are there projects out there that
actually use latest 2.7 micro-patches? Or that would want to?
If you do maintain a project that has Jackson 2.7.x dependency, I
would like to hear from you, since I am contemplating on doing just
one more FULL release -- 2.7.10 -- which would include all fixes from
micro-patches, and give convenient full version set.
But I don't want to spend couple of hours needed if this is not
something useful.
[note: As per http://mvnrepository.com, there are couple dozen
projects that depend on 2.7.9.x micro-patches, so I think there is
some usage]

- +Tatu +-