On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 2:31 PM Ron Karim (Oracle Corp.) <
ron.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As per this JDK 8 bug (unresolved), jars with the module_info.class (JDK9
> ) will not build with JDK 8:

Jackson does not compile `module-info.java` with javac, but uses Moditect
plug-in for this reason (see https://github.com/moditect/moditect).

And like someone already suggested, if you are bundling Jackson jars with
something else it is best to ignore module-info.class: I think a few other
files often need to be dropped on Android builds.

I am interested in hearing more details about problem cases as I realize
that just because I haven't yet heard of issues does not mean there are
none. But I want to give some context on perceived usage, users, so that
issues can be isolated and prevalence correctly estimated.
Challenge here is that there is value in providing module descriptors: and
I have heard that use of multi-release jars has its own potential problems
from tooling perspective.

-+ Tatu +-