On 2018-04-16 14:21, iallende wrote:
> El viernes, 13 de abril de 2018, 9:14:46 (UTC+2), J. Kiszka  escribió:
>> On 2018-04-12 15:15, iallende wrote:
>>> It still does not work. I have the following:
>>>
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:~# modprobe jailhouse
>>> [   20.762034] jailhouse: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:~# cd /cells/
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:/cells# jailhouse enable zynqmp-zcu102.cell
>>>
>>> Initializing Jailhouse hypervisor v0.8 on CPU 2
>>> Code location: 0x0000ffffc0200060
>>> Page pool usage after early setup: mem 33/993, remap 64/131072
>>> Initializing processors:
>>>  CPU 2... OK
>>>  CPU 0... OK
>>>  CPU 3... OK
>>>  CPU 1... OK
>>> Adding virtual PCI device 00:00.0 to cell "ZynqMP-ZCU102"
>>> Adding virtual PCI device 00:01.0 to cell "ZynqMP-ZCU102"
>>> Page pool usage after late setup: mem 42/993, remap 69/131072
>>> Activating hypervisor
>>> [   29.825496] The Jailhouse is opening.
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:/cells#
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:/cells#
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:/cells# jailhouse cell linux
>>> zynqmp-zcu102-linux-demo.cell Image -d inmate-zynqmp-zcu102.dtb -i
>>> rootfs.cpio -c "console=ttyPS0,115200"
>>> [   65.192135] Read fail divider address: fd1a0060
>>> [   65.198616] Read fail divider address: fd1a0060
>>> [   65.205473] CPU2: shutdown
>>> [   65.210069] psci: CPU2 killed.
>>> [   65.248402] CPU3: shutdown
>>> [   65.252999] psci: CPU3 killed.
>>> Adding virtual PCI device 00:00.0 to cell "ZynqMP-linux-demo"
>>> Shared memory connection established: "ZynqMP-linux-demo" <-->
>>> "ZynqMP-ZCU102"
>>> Adding virtual PCI device 00:02.0 to cell "ZynqMP-linux-demo"
>>> Created cell "ZynqMP-linux-demo"
>>> Page pool usage after cell creation: mem 59/993, remap 69/131072
>>> [   65.299294] Created Jailhouse cell "ZynqMP-linux-demo"
>>> Cell "ZynqMP-linux-demo" can be loaded
>>> Started cell "ZynqMP-linux-demo"
>>> root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_4:/cells# jailhouse cell list
>>> ID      Name                    State           Assigned CPUs
>>> Failed CPUs
>>> 0       ZynqMP-ZCU102           running         0-1
>>>
>>> 1       ZynqMP-linux-demo       running         2-3
>>>
>>> However, the UART does not show anything. I have tried with a different
>>> Linux image and the same problem. I generate the images with Petalinux.
>>>

>> Try debugging the non-root boot by using the Jailhouse console for the
>> cell (con-type=JAILHOUSE, cell flag JAILHOUSE_CELL_DEBUG_CONSOLE, see
>> Documentation/debug-output.md). Check if the UART is detected by the
>> guest. Maybe the kernel is not configured as needed.
>>
>> Jan
>> --
>> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE
>> Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux
>
> I have applied the patches for JAILHOUSE_DBCON  and I added
> JAILHOUSE_CELL_DEBUG_CONSOLE to zynqmp-zcu102-linux-demo.c. I load the cell
> like this:
> [...]

Rather "jailhouse console". If that only lists output of the hypervisor
itself, the guest does not start up. You then have some other issue. Is
there anything you modified, compared to upstream Jailhouse
configurations? Try reducing that to zero first.

I can look up the setup on our ZCU102 to give you exact references to a
known-to-work setup. Definitely working was vanilla Jailhouse v0.8 (I
tested that prior to the release). I've also attached a reference config
for the Linux inmate kernel.

I hope we can eventually handle such setup questions via the
jailhouse-image project, but right now that's not yet there.

Jan