On 13.06.19 20:01, Wayne wrote:
Jan/Ralf:

I tried your suggestion with using the root node initramfs for the non-root, with two different scenarios.  Both of them end in kernel panic for different reasons.

Note that my root node is currently:
vanilla 4.16 kernel
"CONFIG_JAILHOUSE_GUEST=y"

Non-root linux:
jailhouse enabling 4.19 kernel from Siemens
"CONFIG_JAILHOUSE_GUEST=y"
"CONFIG_SERIO is not set"

1. If I don't provide a root arg to the command line, like this:
./tools/jailhouse cell linux configs/x86/linux-x86-demo.cell /boot/vmlinuz-4.19.46_GuestMin-dbg -i /boot/initramfs-4.16.0Guest+.img -c "console=jailhouse"

Try adding "-k 10" to that command. If you have enough RAM, that will move the kernel and initrd further apart so that the former does not step on the latter while unpacking itself.

Which config are you using for your non-root kernel now?

Jan