On 02.09.20 09:57, Jan-Marc Stranz wrote:
> Hi Jan!
>
> Many thanks for your response.
>
> It is true that the CPU we are using (Intel E38xx) does not support "VT-d".
>
> In your presentation "Bootstrapping the Partitioning Hypervisor
> Jailhouese" (as of October 2016), however, the point "Host-side
> requirements" still says "Intel host with VT-x (no VT-d required)".
> From which version of "jailhouse" was this requirement changed?

Oh, that was long ago: 6ebd111c8640, predating the v0.6 release early
2017. Not recommended to go back in time that far.

We still have a hack in hypervisor/arch/x86/amd_iommu.c to make the
IOMMU optional there. You could look up what we used to have in vtd.c
and restore that for experiments. Due to AMD, the rest is still prepared
for that. But likely not much longer.

Jan