At 10:14  2/4/01 -0700, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
>  use* - generate a standard help message, including
>         which targets are valid for this project

I would also make aliases to usage and help to do the same.

>  clean* - remove all generated files

I would also add an extra one (real-clean) that also cleans up the
distribution directories (ie where distributions are built to).

>  build* - builds the module

Some projects use either jar, jars or compile for this target name.
>  Below is the build script for one of our projects.
>As you can see, this particular build script doesn't
>need any significant change; it simply uses the
>standard logic from the master script, plus a few
>properties in the build.properties file.  Maybe
>something like this could be done for Commons?

Thats similar to what I have done - except I use xslt to transform some
source files into destination build.xmls so I can do more complex stuff.

Cheers,

Pete