According to our charter, we need a 75% 'super-majority' of committers to
approve a proposal:

"7. New packages may be proposed to the Jakarta Commons mailing list. To be
accepted, a package proposal must receive a positive super-majority vote of
the subproject committers.
[...]
 1. The whole number of positive votes needed for a super majority is
calculated by dividing the total number of active subproject committers by
four, multiplying by three, and rounding to the nearest whole number (>= .5
rounds up)."

Given the 10 initial committers listed in the proposal, we need 8 positive
votes to approve a proposal.  Looking over the mail archives, I don't think
any proposal has reached that yet.  (I've only counted explicit +1's.  There
are several comments of support that could be counted as implied +1, but I
didn't count those.)

I'm as bad as anyone, I didn't vote on BeanUtils (I will now, +1 for
BeanUtils), but according to our charter, we haven't accepted any proposals.

Here's the tally as far as I gather (in chronological order).  If you
haven't voted, please do.

PS: Do we want to re-consider the 75% rule?  What happens when we get dozens
of committers?  I don't think that's unreasonable given our charter, but
leads to a lot of votes needed to do anything.  Like a lot of people, I'm
loathe to vote on something I haven't look at closely, but I don't have time
to look at *everything* closely.  What happened to "minimum threshold
democracy"?

BeanUtils
---------
 Craig
 Geir
 Remy
 Costin
 David [+0.5, that counts the same as a full +1, right?]
 Rodney [as of this message]
 Morgan [He voted as I was writing this]

Cactus (J2EEUnit)
-----------------