"Waldhoff, Rodney" wrote:

> PS: Do we want to re-consider the 75% rule?

No - it will be very effective in keeping the jar, docs and framework
debates to a minimum, because we won't have anything to release.  It
will also solve that pesky 'global version' issue Craig was alluding to,
since we will have nothing to bundle.

:)

Seriously, we could resort to an 'alternate interpretation' of the 75%
rule, and make it 75% of the people who voted....

So if you are a committer and don't care, don't vote.

We might want to make it a minimum of say a net of 3 +1's, i.e. 3 more
+1's than -1's or something.

>  What happens when we get dozens
> of committers?  I don't think that's unreasonable given our charter, but
> leads to a lot of votes needed to do anything.

Not really - the only voting we are required to do as Commons committers
is the vote to decide to make a proposal a commons component.

> Like a lot of people, I'm
> loathe to vote on something I haven't look at closely, but I don't have time
> to look at *everything* closely.

Me too. That's why the 3/4ths of those that care might be a good 'out'.

> BeanUtils
> ---------
>  Craig
>  Geir
>  Remy
>  Costin
>  David [+0.5, that counts the same as a full +1, right?]
>  Rodney [as of this message]
>  Morgan [He voted as I was writing this]
>
> Cactus (J2EEUnit)
> -----------------
>  [Vincent]?
>  Craig
>  Geir
>  Rodney
>
> Collections
> -----------
>  Rodney
>
> Pool
> ----
>  Rodney
>  Costin
>  Morgan
>
> DBCP
> ----
>  Rodney

I'll soon
review and vote on those that I haven't yet.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]