----- Original Message -----
From: "Waldhoff, Rodney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 4:58 PM
Subject: [Cactus] Re: Opening a JDBC Connection once for all tests?

> > I couldn't find a "user" list for Cactus, so I'm
> > sending my message here. Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> This *is* the Cactus user-list, so to speak.  By convention, you could add
> [Cactus] to your subject line, like I've done with this message, to
indicate
> which component it is talking about.

I think asking users to prefix their mails by [cactus] is going to be very
hard to enforce. First, people expect to find a forum dedicated to Cactus.
Second, there is nothing that tells them that they should [cactus] before
they send their message (one not 100% perfect solution to this would be to
create a page on the Cactus web site that explains this but I am not even
sure this will work.

One solution I can see is to have a dedicated mailing list. Maybe we should
put a guideline, like if any commons component generate more than xx mails
as average per week then we should create a dedicated mailing list for it.

A second solution (I don't know if it is technically feasible) is to create
an email alias (like [EMAIL PROTECTED]). All emails
sent to this email address will have their subjects automatically prefixed
with "[cactus]" and they will appear in the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list ? If it is possible to do
that it seems easier.

Thanks
Vincent.