Could this project be of interest to the Jakarta commons project? Or any
other ASF project? I'm a frequent user of software from the ASF so this
might be my opportunity to contribute...

http://www.kniberg.com/henrik/beanbowl/

That web page presents Bean Bowl as an application, but it is actually a
set of easily reusable components for automatic generation of Swing GUIs
to directly manipulate Java objects through reflection. Useful in any
case where you need to quickly and easily produce administrative GUIs
for Java objects, and very easy to extend. Here are some typical use
cases:

- I need a GUI to let people directly access properties and methods of
this Java object
- I need a GUI component to read and edit this particular property in
this particular object, to put inside my own overall GUI
- The following 3 methods in this Java object should be accessible
through a GUI, I need appropriate widgets for setting parameters,
executing the methods, and retrieving the result.

The package is quite simple right now, but with more hands involved this
could become quite powerful. For example I was planning to make a web
version of this package as well, which does the exact same thing but
produces web forms instead.

Let me know if this might be worth submitting to the Jakarta commons
project.

Regards,

/Henrik
begin:vcard
n:Kniberg;Henrik
tel;cell:+46 70 492 5284
tel;fax:+46 8 555 172 01
tel;home:+46 8 560 24788
tel;work:+46 8 555 172 30
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.goyada.com
org:Goyada
adr:;;Löjtnantsgatan 25;Stockholm;;115 50;Sweden
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
x-mozilla-cpt:;28976
fn:Henrik Kniberg