From: Remy Maucherat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> This HTTP/1.1 client library has been developed as part of the Slide
> project, as the basis for a WebDAV client (WebDAV is a
> protocol for remote
> authoring, and is an extension of HTTP/1.1).

Without knowing much about the specific of HTTP, is it forsee-able
that there might be an HTTP server library in the future?
eg: It might be useful for someone developing a streaming media
    server.

If so, does that effect the following:

> Proposal for HTTP/1.1 Libary Package
> The package shall create and maintain a Java library
> implementing the client
> side of the HTTP/1.1 protocol, as defined in RFC 2616 and RFC 2617.
> It would be moved to commons under the http subdirectory.
>
> The proposed package name for the new component is
> org.apache.commons.http.
> it is suggested that the
> message subject of messages about this component be prefixed with
> [HTTP Library].
>
> Bugzilla - New component "HTTP Library" under the "Commons" product
> category, with appropriate version identifiers as needed.
>
> Jyve FAQ - New category "commons-http" (when available).

In so much as my non-voting opinion counts, I would like to see EITHER:
  * An exansion of the package to allow for potential future addition
    of http server code.
  * A move to explicitly making these names/categories http-client