> The "transient" modifier applies specifically to an instance variable (and
> not to the property access methods).  There is nothing that ties the name
> of a particular instance variable (even if it exists) to a particular
> property, so there is no way to introspect any sort of relationship like
> this -- you have to know the underlying code.

Ok - It was a bad question. It is a missunderstanding of the bean technology. Maybe
need to focus on a specification that I never read :-(

> Doesn't standard Java serialization do exactly what you want?
For me - no ! In fact, I'm working on a Turbine/Slide integration.
the idea is accessing to a Slide repository from a Turbine class (action or other). In
this case I'm using different java beans that will be map to different nodes in Slide.
The bean properties will be map to the slide objectnode properties. That means, I have
to call the Slide API for this mapping.

eg. :
Catalog catalog = new Catalog("");   // a bean

SlideService slide = (SlideService) TurbineServices.getInstance().
                                   getService(SlideService.SERVICE_NAME);

catalog.setUri("/.../...");
catalog.setDescription("....");
catalog.set....

slide.createResource (slide.getNameSpace(), "MyUserReference", catalog);

createResource have to get all bean prop and update their names + values into the
slide property store.

Many thanks for your previous mail,
Christophe

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/