I'm quite new with the bean reflection. So, sorry if it is a stupid question.

How can I have extra info on the bean properties. Specially is it an transient
property or not ?
The only way is via the Modifier class or are there other techniques ?

My real problem is :

Some time, I want to store a bean into a persitence store. BeanUtil is a good
candidate for doing that. Some attributes are just using for computing or performance
reason => transient. So, there is no reason to update them. My idea is get all
"non-transient" properties (from the ancestor top => the bean) and used them to update
my legacy persistent store.  How I can doing that based on the BeanUtil components ?

Second question, what about the perfomances. Is it true that reflection in java are
not good for the performances ?

Many thanks,
Christophe
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/