Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Like I said in a followup, I was a bit too quick on the trigger there
:)  Sorry about that.

I figure we should play with things a bit - learn to crawl - I suspect
we will learn a lot.  I have thrown responsibility to the wind, and
spent today doing the XML-based repository configuration (and other
stuff).  I have to admit it was a lot of fun, and I hope I got it
right.  I have never had SAX before.  Always would reach for JDOM when I
needed it.

While it only doubled the size of the jar w/o any additional end-user
functionality, the project will now be listed when you type 'XML' into
google and has a Smart Data Structure (TM), although I am sure the code
is still dumb, eye of the beholder notwithstanding.

<public service announcement>
    The last sentence was a joke.
</public service announcement>

Seriously, using XML is a better way for all sorts of reasons, and my
concerns about size were unjustified.  The jar is a whopping 40k now
(big deal) and takes an XML for the repository definition.  The XML's
hypothetical DTD could prollie use some work, but since the parser is
non-validating, it wouldn't help at the moment.  It's simple enough.

There still is support for properties repository, but I changed the
repository definition when working with XML to move the dependencies to
be associated w/ specific versions, so  foobar-1.0 can have a different
dependency list than foobar-1.1 - and this had some repercussions
throughout, so that took some time.  It also means the properties is out
of synch.  I prollie will pitch it unless someone thinks it has value.

I am currently testing what I hope to commit into the sandbox, and will
do so soon.

At the speed that the list server seems to be running today, the code
might be in before you get this.

geir
--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting