On 6/22/01 10:27 PM, "Waldhoff, Rodney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To do a file upload via HTTP, you'll want to send a multipart/form-data
> message, as described in RFC 1867 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1867.html).
>
> Jason Hunter's MultipartRequest servlet stuff
> (http://www.servlets.com/cos/index.html) is probably the canonical example
> of the server-side of this. I wasn't able to find any links with examples of
> the client side of this, and I don't think there is any direct support in
> HttpClient, but I imagine it is possible to add such support.

There is a service in turbine for doing file uploads. The service has
now been decoupled from turbine proper. Hopefully by the end of
the weekend all the services that were in turbine will be unbound
from turbine and be placed in the jakarta-turbine-fulcrum repository.

With the upload service you hand it a servlet request and it
will hand you back an ArrayList of FileItems. I'll be spending
the weekend on it so there might even be some documentation
come Monday :-)

--

jvz.

http://tambora.zenplex.org