Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> --- Jari Worsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Is this anything to do with the xmlunit project over
> > at sourceforge?
>
> Not really.  It's not specifically oriented toward
> _testing_ XML, although you could extend it to
> validate XML.  It's the test suites themselves that
> are written according to an XML DTD.

ok. my misunderstanding, it's the name clash that did it. xmlunit of
course - I'm not sure latka could be accused of clashing with anything
:)

There is jxunit - it uses xml to store the data for unit tests. Might be
worth seeing what they've done on:
http://quickutil.sourceforge.net/view/Main/JXUnit.

seems quite generic, and has a part of it aimed at testing "web
services" (whatever _they_ are this week..)

http://quickutil.sourceforge.net/view//JXWeb

This isn't a plug for jxunit btw. :)

> > Is it a sort of "scripted" version of httpunit, also
> > at sourceforge?
> > (which would be good).
>
> You might look at it that way, although it's not
> literally tied to httpunit.  httpunit focuses on
> testing via writing JUnit tests.  Latka uses a
> completely different approach that doesn't require
> generating code.  I'd have to say that HttpUnit is
> more oriented toward (duh) unit testing,

lol.

Jari

--
Jari Worsley