I think this looks excellent. Perhaps eventually this could replace
jakarta-tomcat-4.0/tester and the watchdog projects? I was recently
hacking tomcat's tester in an attempt to generalize it, but this looks
much better.

At some stage I'd like to augment the XML validator to validate
irrespective of DOCTYPE, against a local DTD, like Tomcat does.

--Jeff