On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

> >4. (minor) I also don't like the use of Iterator in the interface ( no
> >problem with using collections in the implementation, but I see no reason
> >for it in the interface - Enumeration would work as well ).
>
> And vice versa. I don't see any particular advantage to using Enumeration
> here, but the disadvantages I see of using Enumeration are minor as well.
> Six of one, half-dozen the other.

The only place it makes any significant difference is on a JDK 1.1
platform, where Iterator does not exist.  That's not an issue *I* care
anything at all about, but Costin does.  (And that is at least partly why
object creation and garbage collection is so important to him, because it
matters more there :-).

But, all the Commons packages have JDK 1.2 or later as a prerequisite
anyway, so this issue (Enumeration versus Iterator) is totally irrelevant
in deciding what Logging API is used in Commons components.

Craig