on 8/16/01 9:55 PM, "Peter Donald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem is that many of the projects that adopted the layout of turbine
> use build to contain build scripts, tools used during build process and
> property files used while building.

Well, we seem to be the first adopters of many worthwhile technologies,
therefore setting the standards.

:-)

Turbine was one of the first Ant users.

> IIRC in these projects you usually go
> something like
>
> cd <base>/build
> ./build-turbine.sh
>
> While build is the most "popular" intermediate destination at jakarta (and
> outside) this would be unnaceptable to these projects. The reason is that it
> would cause pain every CVS update because build is a directory in CVS and a
> temporary directory locally. This would cause error messages to spout each
> update.

You clearly haven't seen Turbine's repo recently.

In fact, Turbine now has one of the coolest build systems around.

Next step is jjar integration.

Try to keep up.

-jon