Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug in digester or not ...

I have the following scenerio:

<module name="bsf">
  <description>
    Bean Scripting Framework
  </description>
  <cvs repository="devworks" dir="bsf"/>
</module>

(1)
addObjectCreate("module", moduleClass);
addSetProperties("module");
addCallMethod("module/description", "setDescription", 0);

(2)
addCallMethod("module/cvs", "setRepositoryName", 1);
addCallParam("modules/cvs", 0, "repository");

(3)
addCallMethod("module/cvs", "setCvsdir", 1);
addCallParam("modules/cvs", 0, "dir");

If I execute (1) and (2) I get the following debug log:

New org.apache.gump.entity.Module
Set org.apache.gump.entity.Module
properties Call org.apache.gump.entity.Module.setDescription(Bean Scripting
Framework/java.lang.String) Call
org.apache.gump.entity.Module.setRepositoryName(devworks/java.lang.String)

But if I execute (1), (2), and (3) I get this is the debug log:

New org.apache.gump.entity.Module
Set org.apache.gump.entity.Module
properties
Call org.apache.gump.entity.Module.setDescription(Bean Scripting
Framework/java.lang.String) Call
[Ljava.lang.String;.setCvsdir(bsf/java.lang.String)
End event threw
exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException

>From the log it appears that setRepository(String) isn't called and than
setCvsdir(String) is invoked using a String instead of the Module object. I
might possibly be doing something wrong, and I am looking at the source now,
but this might be a bug I don't know enough about the digester yet. Thanks.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org