"Ted Husted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've added the ZIPs for both of these to More About Struts, where they
> will be easier to find.
>
> http://husted.com/about/struts/resources.htm#new
>
> If we can combine the projects, and change Bean-Util once, that would
> probably be better.

It certainly will be better. Jan and I we were already talked about it,
he will probably use StringKeyedPropertyDescriptor in his dynamic
properties as well.

> Bean-Util is core class now, and so everything should be thoroughly
> tested before calling for a vote.

Of course. I admit (and warn!) that I did not test the sources very well.
I did just functional testing. I was not sure, whether the changes are
wanted.

Also I am not so happy with the structure of PropertyUtils as is is now.
E.g. the method getPropertyDescriptors(Object bean) should not be
public if dynamic properties are allowed, since we cannot retrieve
a complete list of all properties and so it will only return the
standard and integer indexed properties, with a bit of effort it could
return the string keyed ones, but I've no idea, how it could return the
list of dynamic ones.

--
gR