Hi Rob,

It does sound interested, but excuse me for asking dumb questions,
where/how do I find your file, and where do you recommend I learn
about simplejson?

Why wouldn't production status be of interest?

Thank you,

William


On Oct 2, 9:55 am, Rob Hamerling <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> For a sanity check of the device files I wanted to know (among others)
> how many ADC channels every PIC support, without having to browse all
> the datasheets. I remembered that the number is listed in the product
> overview on the site of Microchip. There I noticed an option to download
> the list as Excel file. While I do not use Excel, I downloaded the list
> and it appeared to be a regular CSV (Comma Separated Variables) file.
> With a little script I extracted the numbers I needed....
>
> But I thought this list can also be of use for other Jallib purposes. So
> I extended my script a little and created a file in simplejson format
> (being the jallib standard to store such basic information).  See for
> yourself if it is useful or can become useful for library development.
>
> Some comments:
>
> 1. I removed some of the 'columns' which (I think) are not relevant for
> Jallib, for example production status, price, reference to a product
> decription.
>
> 2. The list (at the Microchip site) is not complete list. I selected
> 'Flash type PICs', but many LF variants are missing, and also some older
> PIC type (even the 18F452, but not the 16F84A!)
> Adding the missing PICs for which we provide device files would probably
> have to be done manually... (who volunteers?)
>
> 3. Names could be abbreviated, maybe I'll do that for a next version.
> The file becomes now very large (approx. 500KB) because of the many long
> names (the file ZIPped is less than 10KB!).
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome!
>
> Note: I have thought to make it a wiki, but I considered that would have
> no value added compared to the list of Microchip.
>
> Regards, Rob.
>
> --
> Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to