Hi Kiste,

2010/11/12 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>

> Hi Seb,
> finally took the time to have a look at the schematics...
> And, finally yahoo allows me to send mails to the list again a bit more
> regularly... ;-)
>
> >>Something in between. I'm using 1% accurary resistors:
> http://sirbot.org/sirbot-modules/dc-motor-controller-board/dcmc_rctank_schematic.png
>
> To be honest, the resistors shouldn't do anything bad. I think you don't
> really want to _measure_ the voltage, but compare it to some previous
> values. So the resistor tolerances, together with the motor characteristics,
> are stored in your reference values.
>

I'm not sure, measuring the voltage allows me to deduce motor's speed.


> >>  Is there a dedicated 5V reference, or do you simply use one supply to
> power different devices? Then your reference voltage could introduce errors
> of several percents.
> >Vref is the one used by the PIC itself. So yes, it may be shared with
> other devices (but not the motors')
>
> The board has its own linear regulator, that's not bad for a start :-)
> Switching power supplies are good for computers, but not as reference
> voltage for measurements. But, if it's a 7805 or the like, remember that it
> outputs _about_ 5V. Each 7805 has its own voltage... And it changes over
> temperature. It's good for power, but not for reference.


Yes this is a 7805. And indeed every has its own voltage output... Not good
!


> A cheap way would be something like LP2950CZ, a higher-precision voltage
> regulator that has a quite good accuracy when loaded very little, or a true
> voltage reference like from the LT1021 series, but those do cost money.
>

OK, thanks I will keep this in mind (LP2950).


>
> Just for theory... I don't think you'll need anything of this to find out
> if your motor is stuck :-D
>

Talking about theory, I tried to simulate what we talked about before, with
op-amps, etc... following the schematic you provided (hand maded), adjusting
some values. This was to understand the theory. I used KTechlab (nice,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTechlab), but I couldn't any coherent results
:) I must have done something wrong, I'll get back soon. Do you know any
other free tools used to simulate electronic components ?


Cheers,
Seb

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to