I just tested USB MSD and USB Serial on my circuit on windows 7 and windows
10 with 18f67j50. Both work without any issues. I use a external power
source.

Can you try on another PC and/or OS? Did you try the USB serial sample? Did
you connect VUSB pin to 3.3v? Do you have a 0.1uf capacitor at VDDCORE/VCAP
pin? as shown in my circuit.

I've always used Wireshark with USBPcap for troubleshooting USB. USB has a
lot to get familiar with, not so easy to troubleshoot.

The one thing I do need, is a way to test if our USB libraries are
compliant with the standards.

Matt.