Hi!

That's something else, I think it's called "fast interrupt" or the like. It's
not such an easy thing, as it restricts a project to have only *one* ISR
(=Interrupt Service Routine), which, e.g. with the serial_hw_int_cts library is
not possible as that library uses interrupts transparently to the user. So,
activating that switch can be dangerous, depending on what libraries you use.

If there is one or more ISR procedures in a program, INTCON_GIE can be
activated safely. What we were talking about is a single "fake ISR" which the
compiler could always generate if there is no real ISR, just in case the
program accidentally enables INTCON_GIE.

There are two philosophies:

1. Make program errors have an effect to make them visible and easier
correctable

2. Try to hide program errors and increase reliability, doing your best to just
keep running

IMHO I dont' really have a preference. But watchdogs and especially PPS lock
features are clear approaches to Nr. 2.

Greets,
Kiste

Am Samstag, 2. Oktober 2021, 08:38:12 MESZ hat vsurducan <vsurdu...@gmail.com>
Folgendes geschrieben:

Hi Rob, Kiste,
I'm not sure on the actual compiler, but one of old pragma interrupt versions
allows you to save, restore all registers and retfie manually at your need.
I still believe it was a great option.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jallib/CAM%2Bj4qt0LpyrKTn_f1r-Ze%3DAk%3Dfam3ika_4b4wqRAmCt924_mQ%40mail.gmail.com.