Hi all,

I have the following strange problem. I am working on the ILI9341 library
and the graphics was staring to work but I could not manage to write text
to the screen. When I tried that the PIC went haywire and sometimes came
into some kind of constant reset state.

By accident I discovered that it had to do with the size of the program. In
the program I include a picture. When I do that the program size changes
from 5k to 21k bytes.

If I do not include the picture, printing text goes OK but when including
the picture the PIC goes haywire again. If I leave out the printing of text
and include only the graphics with the picture then all is well.

When I look at the assembly, there is a piece of code used for printing
fonts (using pixels) that uses multiplication. If I look at that piece of
code in the asm file the code for multiplication is different. In the
attached screenshot you see the code that goes wrong on the left and the
code that goes right on the right.

Has anybody experience this kind of problem before so having problems with
a large program in combination with multiplication (I may draw the wrong
conclusion here).

Any suggestions?

Hopefully it is not a compiler issue :-(

Thanks

Kind regards,

Rob