> No, I'm pragmatic and you just don't like it.  This isn't about some ivory
> tower notion of what makes good code.  This is about lots of James users who
> are stuck using buggy code and bad documention while we sit here using the
> good stuff and arguing over when to deliver it to them.
>

>>What good is a release to a user if he can't make hide nor hair of it?
>>If I weren't a semi-decent Java developer I couldn't even set up JAMES.
>

> I agree with you, but what does this have to do with javadocs, Andy?  Talk
> about end user documentation and we'd be agreeing, because what good are
> javadocs to the average user?

Its the whole package.  Code complete.  You're not pragmatic.
Undocumented non-quality code is NOT pragmatic... in fact:

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/cgi-local/pragprog?FailureHowTo

Fine to release a development build, but don't lie and call something a
release, you do everyone a disservice.

-Andy