On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:27:41 -0400, Danny Angus wrote:

>> Not that my opinon should matter much, but I'm -1 unless the test cases
>> go with it and can run (I'll help as much as my abillities allow).  I
>> consider them absolutely crucial to having a solid standards-compliant
>> implementation.
>
> I would be +1 to have experimental IMAP in the head if..
>
> 1/ it was being actively developed
> 2/ it provided some basic functionality, not necessarily compliance or
> 100% of anything.
> 3/ was "off" by default in release builds.
>
> I think 1 & 3 are so, so my remaining objection is only 2, which Sacha
> believes is acchieved
>
>> Currently it does not work with either IMAP client I have access to
>> Mozilla or Ximian.

I think for the purpose of ensuring that we're compatible with actual
IMAP and not "MSIMAP" (probably a tm) having Mozilla or Eudora, etc
should be the guiding principal for judging this.

This is however far less important to me than the unit tests issue.  I think they are
essential to a high quality IMAP implementation and I'm not apt to waste
my time creating low quality anything.

-Andy