Alexis,

I'm posting this to summarize our discussion.  Please join
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with whatever e-mail address you want to use
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]), and you'll be able to reply
to the list.

You have indicated that you'd be pleased to bring JabberServer to the Apache
James project, and work with us to incorporate Jabber services into James.
This would be an on-going project, not a simple port and drop.  We all agree
that integrating Jabber messaging with the other services provided by James
would provide numerous benefits for many users.

Jabber would be a peer of the other James messaging services.  We are
working on a new unified user data model, and all of the services ought to
be able to take advantage of the unified model.  The Jabber Service would
fit into our class hierarchy, use our connection management, DNS support,
storage, and other Avalon components.

I understand that you have some issues with XML stream parsing.  Your
comment was "the server SAX parser read chunk of data from the client stream
with fixed size (instead of element by element). And sometime the client
wait for a server response to continue to send something
in the stream (and the server blocks on reading the remaining data).
Deadlock can occurs really fast."  Apparently, you're using Xerces with some
custom code to simulate a non-blocking socket read.  Perhaps it would help
to look at http://yaja.sourceforge.net, and see if there are some ideas that
we can reuse.

        --- Noel