Absolutely.

>   - Jabber instant messaging makes use of a mail server oriented
>     service model, so the fit is there.
>
>   - James could incorporate store and forward, allowing disconnected
>     Jabber traffic.
>
>   - James could integrate Jabber and e-mail in several ways
>     - Jabber notification of e-mail arrival
>     - integrate Jabber digests onto mailing lists

This is killer for a groupware system. I assume that you mean that when
a Jabber conversation is finished it's sent out as an email.

>     - integrate Jabber and e-mail address spaces for short messages
>
> Recorded at http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesJabber.
>
> The notion of rosters/groups/lists is something I want to fix
> with the James v3 user model.

Groups (or whatever) are the killer here. I'd really like to see that
done soon.
We have 3 tables - user, group and groupmember as the user <-> group
mapping is many-to-many. However creating those groups and all their
information is done outside of the mail system due to all the info that
can be given when creating the group. James needs a web-based interface
for management/administration for these type of activities. I'd see
these as being implemented via JMX (possibly).

> By the way, I see that you have some MLM code.  As you know,
> one of the things that we need to do for James v3 is to put
> in place some serious MLM support.  Do you have any [code,
> concepts, time] that you can contribute?

Code, some.
Time and concepts, yes.
What I'd like to see is a solid James MLM with us (iNovem) acting as a
value-add on top of it.
I have a cunning plan that involves using something like the
LinearProcessor for the rules based system that we use for checking who
can do what ;)