Stephen McConnell wrote:
I now have two james builds locally on my machine:

1. James based on Peter's derivative of 2.1, CM/SM
migration and Cornerstone candidates in place.
This is working fine. Some problems were occuring
in the test case but we finally narrowed this down
to a bug in the test case (the test delete's the user
before the spool completes its work, resulting in
email in the spool that contain invalid reciipient
addresses).

2. James based on HEAD + CM/SM migration + updates for
Cornerstone candidates. This version is doing the
500 error on "" commands and getting itself into a
loop. However, it's fully synced with the HEAD and
can be committed.

I suggest we go ahead and ties build (2) into head and sort of the loop/500 problem from there.
Sounds great... this loop bug is one I introduced in HEAD and mean to sort out soon (was supposed to this weekend, but long story... it will be fixed soon).

There is also the question of migration of excalibur-xxx packages to commons-xxxx. This has been taken care of for the pool package (commons-collection). There may be a coupe of other packages that require transition. Also, excalibur-cli (used in Phoenix and a couple of Excalibur projects) can/should/could be replaced by commons-cli.
I would support migrating to commons libs as I'm more familiar with them and I think commons does a good job with release management. Especially if it means the Avalon community has less to worry about releasing in the short-term.

Also, for DBCP we'll be bundling commons pool anyway, so one step there.

i.e. Things are already looking comfortable - and within a few weeks we should be able to freeze the release targets and validate things across containers, applications and external projects followed by formal vote/release/publication.
Great!

Yep - its in progress. Some of the updated in Excalibur are used extensively in Cocoon and some of guys on working on the Avalon/Cocoon front in much the same we as I'm trying to get James/Avalon in sync.
Sounds good.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech