Sounds fine to me.

ADK

There is no magic.

                    "Noel J.

                    Bergman"             To:     "James Developers List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <noel@devtech.       cc:     "Alexander Zhukov"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    com>                 Subject:     JavaMail as the message store

                    03/02/2003

                    07:37

                    Please respond

                    to "James

                    Developers

                    List"

As I've mentioned, Alex Zhukov has expressed interest in working with us on
James v3.  His message from mid-December said, in part:

> i have already wrote to noel that javamail while being not very
> efficient (too much parsing too early) is pretty usable for
> mailrepository in its current state, but we can try to convince bill
> shannon (person responsbile for javamail at sun - [EMAIL PROTECTED]) to
> improve it. from previous talk with him i can say he is willing to
> cooperate.

Alex will also be interested to see that we're talking about using JNDI.
Since I don't know if he stayed subscribed to our list, I am cc'ing him on
this reply (and including Serge's message.

If we agree on that direction, let's talk with Alex about working with us
on
it, and see whom wants to start working on converting over to JavaMail for
the store.

For the internal migration, I propose we would only use JavaMail in
LocalDelivery and the POP3 handler.  That allows us to introduce JavaMail
mail boxes without breaking the rest of James.  At the appropriate point,
we
can change ToRepository and the rest of the code.  Basically, it means that
work can start on this process now.

Doing this will also allow Kenny and Darrell, and whomever else wants to
work on IMAP, to start using JavaMail and live data.  I think it will
accellerate the development of our IMAP package.

           --- Noel